Although running a green business comes with many great benefits, the truth of the matter is that there are still risks you need to protect yourself against.
If you have a business vehicles then you’re required by law to have them insured.
The best way to insurance multiple vehicles is to get a business fleet insurance policy. This will protect your vehicles for risks such as collisions, theft, fire and breakdowns. You can get commercial fleet insurance at cheapfleet.co.uk. If you service or repair vehicles as well you may need motor trade insurance. If you also MOT vehicles you will need tailored motor trade insurance for MOT stations/garages which is esssential.
Types of fleet insurance
- Road risks – Road risks cover is essential with any type of fleet insurance policy. It will ensure that your vehicles are covered for accidents and collisions that result in damage. You can choose what level of road risks cover to get from third party only up to fully comprehensive.
- Contents cover – If your vehicles are used for transporting expensive or delicate goods then it’s highly recommended that you get contents cover. It will cover your contents for damage, theft and spoiling.
- Liability claims – You can also have cover for liability claims included in a fleet policy, both from members of the public and employees. Legal expenses is an additional type of cover you can get added to a fleet policy.
- Breakdowns assistance – It’s always important to have breakdown cover for your vehicles so you can get them back on the road ASAP if there are any problems. You’ll often find you can save money by getting breakdown assistance included in your fleet policy.
Ways to save money on fleet insurance
- Get a lot of quotes – Getting a lot of quotes is one of the best ways you can save money on fleet insurance for your business. This is because prices can vary a lot from one provider to the next.There are many great sites out there that enable you to get fleet insurance quotes very easily, including Cheapfleet.co.uk motor fleet insurance
- Make your vehicles secure – Another great way to keep the cost of your fleet cover down is by making your vehicles secure. It’s definitely worth investing in dash cams for your vehicles since more and more insurance providers are now offering discounts when dash cams are present. You might also consider installing tracking devices in your vehicles.
- Hire good drivers – Insurance companies will certainly take the named drivers on your policy into account so it’s definitely a good idea to hire experienced drivers with no convictions if you want to save money.
- Choose your vehicles carefully – for instance minibus insurance can be more expensive than using a people carrier for the same purpose under a fleet policy.